Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The AE system for determining the outcome of a battle is fairly complicated because it not only considers ship types, numbers, and related tech levels, but also includes a process of scrolling through both fleets while pitting every attacking ship against every defending unit, turret, and ring. There are other variables included as well such as Command Centers, Tactical or Defense Commander levels, and something called cross-shield effects.
At the completion of an attack some ships are destroyed, some are damaged, and some are seemingly untouched. It frequently confuses players who thought that they had a sure win situation.
There are several "Battle Calculator" programs available. Most give you a reasonably close battle outcome result PROVIDED you enter all the relevant information. It is not clear if any of them use exactly the same calculations as the game itself.
The variables that are used in battle calculation are fairly clear.
- SHIP TYPES - some ship types have almost no attack or defense abilities
- SHIP COUNTS - how many of each ship type is involved
- OTHER DEFENDERS - Turrets, Defensive Shields and Planetary Rings on this base
- POWER - this is the attack power of the ship(s)
- ARMOUR - the ability of the defending units, turrets, or rings to absorb the attacker's power
- SHIELDS - the defending units, turrets or rings ability to deflect or block the attacker's power
- WEAPONS RESEARCH - the technical level of the attacking ship's weapons, boosts weapon power by 5% per level
- ARMOUR RESEARCH - the tech level of armour research, boosts the defender's armour value by 5% per level
- SHIELDS RESEARCH - the tech level of shields research, boosts the defender's shield value by 5% per level
- COMMAND CENTERS - these "add 5% fleet attack power at base location" meaning battles fought at this base only
- COMMANDER LEVEL - the two commander types which are relevant are Tactical and Defense commanders. 1% boost per level
- CROSS SHIELD EFFECT - the ability of shields to block attack power is only 99% for most units. Ion Bombers and Ion Frigates reduce the defender's shields by 50%
The process of calculating the outcome of a battle is something like this -
Power of fleet= (number of unit X basic power X (1+power modifier from tech/100*)-shield X (1+shield modifier from tech/100**)
Defense of fleet= (number of unit X basic armour X (1+armour modifier from tech/100*) This takes into account the whole shield value of the opponents fleet thus the total damage is much lower than the theoretical damage before shields.
The actual calculation begins at the lower units, usually fighters, and proceeds up to Death Stars. If the attacker's power can overcome the defenders armour the defender dies, and the attacker proceeds to the next defender.
It is possible for multiple players to be parked over a single base, and any of them may attack any of the others (you cannot attack a guild mate). However, there is only ONE battle at a time, initiated by a single attacker and against a single defender. Remember that the base defenses (turrets, CC's etc.) ONLY work with the base owner. Other fleets are "naked".
It is possible for the two sides to destroy each other completely and it is also possible for both sides to have units surviving after a round of battle.
Once the battle results are displayed whichever player is fast enough can begin another attack with the surviving units (Turrets and rings cannot attack).